Gift Aid


As a registered charity you can make the cost of your membership fee worth even more to us, without paying a penny extra.

If you pay UK tax, even if it’s just on your pension or a part-time job, we can claim back some of the tax you’ve already paid.  This scheme is called Gift Aid.

If you wish to allow us to claim Gift Aid on your membership fee then please complete the Gift Aid Declaration Form, available from Reception.


How does it Work?

  • For each £1 you give us, we can claim back an extra 25p in tax.
  • It doesn’t cost you anything – all you have to do is fill in a short, simple form giving us permission to reclaim this tax.


Gift Aid Frequently Asked Questions

Do I qualify for Gift Aid?

You must be a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5th April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that we will reclaim on your donation for that tax year.

How do I know if I pay income tax?

You pay tax if:

  • Income tax is taken from your wages or salary before you receive your pay
  • You pay tax after filling in a self-assessment form each year
  • You have taxable savings e.g. in a Building Society or a pension plan

Have I paid capital gains tax?

You will have paid capital gains tax on the sale of property or shares, for example.

Do I pay tax on my pension?

You will receive a P60 each year, which will show any tax deductions from your pension.

What does the Gift Aid declaration commit me to?

Nothing, it simply ensures that we can claim an extra 25% back from the HM Revenue & Customs on any qualifying donations that you make.

How long does the declaration last for?

Indefinitely.  If you wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration or your tax status changes, please notify us.

© 2019  - Danbury Community Association (Trust) Ltd, Dawson Field, Main Road, Danbury, Chelmsford, CM3 4NQ
Registered in England No: 4670561. Registered Charity No: 1098742